Bidmanagement GmbH (hereinafter Bidmanagement) is firmly committed to protecting the privacy of information we collect from you. The collection and use of your personal information is done strictly in accordance with the legal provisions of the applicable data protection law.
Our products and features make advertising more relevant for consumers and allow publishers to offer content for no or lower costs. The platform was built in Germany with user privacy at the core of its design from day one. Therefore, it complies with European Data Protection Regulations (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR) and applicable national data protection laws.
Bidmanagement GmbH processes your information in order to ensure advertisers can provide you with relevant advertising based on your interests, affinities and local context and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. The aim of this is to effectively reduce the amount of ads you see that aren’t beneficial or of interest to you. An opt-out from targeting would not reduce the amount of ads, it just makes the ads you receive less relevant.
- What information do we collect and why?
- Information sharing
- International data transfer
- Information retention
- Data security
- Changes to our policy
- Your data protection rights
- Opt-out of your data processing
- Persons responsible / Contact
We collect the information in two different ways:
Provided by you
Type of information and collection: We collect personally identifiable information, specifically, full name, phone number, email address, via our contact forms on the website.
Use: This information is used solely to be able to provide the information and/or answers requested.
Others’ Websites: Our website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. Therefore, we highly encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit prior to submitting any data.
Access and deletion of information: Upon request, Bidmanagement will provide you with information regarding whether we have any of your information in our databases. You may update, access or request deletion of your personally identifiable information by contacting us at email@example.com.
Retention of information: For tracking requests and providing the best services to all who willingly share their information with us via our contact forms, we keep the information in our database indefinitely or until requested by the information owner to delete or modify the personally identifiable information.
Automatically collected via tracking technologies
What are cookies: Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
As per the applicable legislation, website providers are free to store cookies on your device if these are strictly necessary to ensure the correct functionality of the website. For all other, non-essential cookies, we require your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the cookie form on our website.
What information do we collect:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- Referrer URL
- Bidmanagement GmbH’s URLs accessed during a session
- Date and time of accessing the website
- Internet protocol (IP) address
Bidmanagement uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). The information generated by the Google Analytics the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where requested to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
All cookies, user identifiers and/or advertising identifiers will be automatically retained in Bidmanagement’s Google Analytics during the 14 months after collecting them.
If you prefer not to have the analysis of the websites, you may deactivate Google Analytics through a browser plug-in, which can be downloaded here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en, or by reviewing your cookies consent.
Bidmanagement uses the conversion tracking of Microsoft (Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA). Microsoft Bing Ads puts a cookie on your computer provided that you ended up on our website by a Microsoft Bing ad. This way Microsoft and Bidmanagement can recognise that somebody clicked on an ad, was redirected to our website and reached a previously defined goal site (conversion site). Thereby, Bidmanagement only gets to know the total number of users who clicked on a Bing ad and were redirected to the conversion page. Personal information regarding the identity of a user will not be saved.
If you do not want to be tracked, you can decline putting a cookie for instance via your browser settings.
USE OF THE REMARKETING OR SIMILAR AUDIENCES FEATURE OF GOOGLE INC.
You can disable the usage of cookies by Google permanently if you download and install the following plugin: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Alternatively, you can disable the cookie usage of third-party suppliers by following the opt-out instructions of the Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
The users of Adspert CPC optimizer dashboard have a certain contractual agreement with Bidmanagement GmH or participate in the free trial of the software as a part of pre-contractual negotiations. In order to fulfill Bidmanagement GmbH’s obligations under the contractual agreement with its customers, we collect and process certain types of customer data.
Type of information
- E-mail address
- Company name
- Phone number
- Billing information, including credit card data (card holder, expiry date, last 4 digits of card number)
Why we use it
We use your e-mail address, name, user agents, internet protocol (IP) address, session IDs/cookies and associated data, such as login history, change operations for Adspert settings and new user invitations, and login details to maintain your account, let you interact with other platform members and use the products and services offered through the platform.
We collect and process this information from you to provide our contractual obligation to you (Art. 6 para 1 lit. b GDPR) or when we have a legitimate interest to do so (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f GDPR).
If we ask you to provide any other information not described above, the information and the reasons why we ask you to provide it will be made clear to you at the point we collect your personal information.
The information described below is collected by Bidmanagement GmbH on behalf of its clients and partners that use targeted and personalised advertising services provided by Bidmanagement GmbH and strictly in accordance with the corresponding contractual agreement.
Type of information
- Mobile Advertising ID
- Location Data
- Cookie Information
- IP Address
Why we use it
- Bidmanagement GmbH uses this information for online marketing purposes throughout its Adspert programmatic platform. In detail, we use the information to predict users’ interests and preferences for interest-based advertising
- enable advertisers to customize ads to a particular location and users’ location behavior,
- determine how users respond to certain ads,
- enable cross-device targeting in order to serve or measure advertising on related devices
- report aggregated statistics regarding, for example, the effectiveness of digital advertising campaigns and
- provide, operate, manage, maintain, and enhance the Adspert programmatic platform.
Data being processed by Bidmanagement GmbH on behalf of clients and partners uses pseudonymous identifiers associated with your mobile device rather than names, email addresses or phone numbers. In addition to this, Bidmanagement GmbH utilizes hashing, encryption and de-identification techniques to help ensure your privacy is safeguarded at all times when data is shared with third parties. Bidmanagement GmbH enforces generally accepted industry security standards on the Adspert programmatic platform to protect the information both during transmission and once it is received.
We process the information described above through our programmatic platform on behalf of our clients and under their instructions specified in our contractual agreements (Art. 28 para 3, GDPR).
THE TRADE DESK
In order to fulfil the contractual obligation in running display advertising campaigns with our customers Bidmanagement GmbH uses a subprocessor, The Trade Desk, Inc. 505 Poli Street, 5th Floor, Ventura, CA 93001, USA.
If you would prefer not to have The Trade Desk serve you relevant ads, you may opt-out here: http://www.adsrvr.org/. If you do so, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be targeted based on your online activity.
The Trade Desk also uses subprocessors that are generally authorized by Bidmanagement GmbH.
AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS)
Adspert applications and data are hosted using third party hosting services provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS). Helping to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer data is of the utmost importance to AWS, as is maintaining customer trust and confidence. Bidmanagement GmbH currently uses AWS servers located in European Union. However, if the need to store part of the data in the United States of America occurs, we will confidently use AWS as they are certified to the US-EU Safe Harbor Principles and, in compliance with the US-EU Safe Harbor Onward Transfer Principles, will act as our agent with regard to data privacy. For more details of AWS’s privacy and security processes, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/privacy/ and http://aws.amazon.com/security/. By using the service, you consent to your personal information being transferred to our servers as set out in this policy.
Legal basis for processing (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and processing the information described above will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and process it. We collect and process information from you only where we have your consent (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a) GDPR), where we need the information to provide our contractual obligation to you (Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR) or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We also process the information described above through our programmatic platform (B) on behalf of our clients and under their instructions specified in our contractual agreements (Art. 28 para 3).
If you wish to learn more about specific legal ground(s) we rely on to process your information for any particular purpose (including any legitimate interests we have to process information), then please contact us using the details provided below under “Contact Us”. However, by way of example, we rely on our legitimate interests to process information for direct marketing purposes and for fraud prevention and detection, provided these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f) GDPR).
Bidmanagement GmbH may share the Non-PII that we collect and receive in various ways.
- Primarily, we work with Clients and other third parties to help optimize ads and make them more likely to be relevant to consumers, by comparing, syncing and sharing the Non-PII described above. For instance, we may share to other ad platforms, customers or websites and services (including our Clients) Non-PII we have collected (generally, unique, pseudonymous identifiers representing consumers’ browsers), in order for these third parties to match their unique identifiers to our own, so that we can “sync” identifiers in order to help them show more relevant ads, match consumers to their likely interests, or better synchronize, cap, or otherwise optimize advertising.
- Further, the Non-PII we collect and receive may be processed on our behalf by third-party service providers that assist us in running our business, including providers of data storage and processing facilities.
- We may disclose your information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are obligated to do so by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual activities that may harm any person, our company, the Technology, or otherwise violate any law.
- We may share non-personal information with Clients, both in an aggregated and non-aggregated form, in connection with reporting and accounting needs as well as with other unaffiliated third parties for various purposes such as statistical or educational analysis (such as the creation of predictive models).
- Finally, disclosure of information may be required in response to lawful requests by public authorities, for example to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Our servers are currently located in the European Union. However, your information may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country and, in some cases, may not be as protective.
Unless specified differently, we retain the Non-PII collected via our Technology for up to 90 days. After 90 days (or sooner) the data is stored in aggregate for up to three years.
The security of your information is important to us. Bidmanagement GmbH has implemented security measures, including physical, electronic and administrative safeguards, to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that our Technology collects, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- In addition, if you are subject to European Data Protection Regulation, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out from our marketing communications at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you do not want your data to be collected on the adspert.net website, review our consent form on our website.
If you do not want your to be processed by Adspert programmatic platform, click here and we will make sure the information is deleted.
To see the data that Bidmanagement GmbH has associated with the browser or device you currently using click SEE MY DATA. You may access or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us as described below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or,
By mail: Bidmanagement GmbH
Persons responsible for the purposes of data protection legislation are:
Data Protection Officer: Datenschutz Saxelfur UG (haftungsbeschränkt)